Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Expo 2010 Shanghai China part 2


Disclaimer: I know it's March 2011 and these photos were all taken last year, 2010, but that does not mean I can't blog about them anymore. The way I see it, pictures/videos capture not the moment but the memory of the experience; it triggers back how you felt and what you saw... taking you back to that experience. ALL PHOTOS BY JI unless otherwise stated

Continuation..


Vietnam Pavilion
Another personal favorite, I like how everything was made of wood, the rich wood color gives warmth and simplicity to this structure.
Vietnam Pavilion Exterior
Entrance/ Foyer

Vietnam Pavilion Interior

Exit/ Foyer Part

United Kingdom Pavilion
The United Kingdom Pavilion was also a crowd favorite, the queue for this was just horribly long. I personally don't find the structure that interesting during the day, but comes night time and its quite an attraction.
Back Part of the United Kingdom Pavilion

United Kingdom Pavilion from an Ant's View
This is the front view of the UK Pavilion, I don't see anything special with the cube structure
United Kingdom Pavilion Front View
But I saw pictures of it during the night. Since it was drizzling the night we were near the UK Pavilion, the LED lights were not turned on. Apparently those spiky things have LED lights on their tip, enabling the whole cube to change color. It's pretty cool.

Canada Pavilion
I am partial to this pavilion since I lived in Canada. I like how minimalist the structure is, its classic and massive hehe, the inside of the structure is pretty straight forward, nothing too fancy, just a ramp that goes into the main room I think its just functional, ergonomics played a key element in its design.

Canada Pavilion
Inside the main room, are several interactive activities, there are these bikes and hand pedals you would have to work for the super tall screen in front of you to play a movie. The movies are different each time since the playback depends on how hard you work the pedal. I worked quite a sweat.

Me, having a blast with the pedals.

Canada Pavilion Back View

Italy Pavilion
One of the busiest pavilions, what else can you expect from Italy? aside from being CLASSIC! I swear i wanted to cut in line just to get in the Pavilion, you can barely see what is inside from the glass, just a glimpse enough for you to want to get in.
Italy Pavilion
Luxembourg Pavilion
Whenever I hear this country, I am reminded that they have the highest GDP per capita meaning POVERTY does not EXIST here. I am guessing they have an abundance in steel since the entire structure was built from steel. I learned this the "HOT" way I accidentally touched the exterior wall and damn it was really HOT!
Luxembourg Pavilion


Luxembourg Pavilion Interior


Luxembourg Pavilion Back View


Brazil Pavilion
Nothing special with this pavilion, aside from the HOT BRAZILIAN GIRLS inside assisting but they were kinda uptight and timed everyone's stay inside. The music and the video presentation as really catchy though.
Brazil Pavilion


No comments:

Post a Comment