Friday, March 18, 2011

Expo 2010 Shanghai China Night Vision

Disclaimer: I know it's March 2011 and these photos were all taken last year, 2010, but that does not mean I can't blog about them anymore. The way I see it, pictures/videos capture not the moment but the memory of the experience; it triggers back how you felt and what you saw... taking you back to that experience. ALL PHOTOS BY JI unless otherwise stated

When the sun sets, the Expo grounds turn into a LED spectacle. Most people would be in awe with all the lights.  If you have seen the movie AI - Artificial Intelligence, you would feel that you are in that time sans the rubles, flying cars, robots but the atmosphere was close. It's like the pre-Jetsons age!

China Pavilion
The icon for this particular Expo. I like it a lot, it has this look/feel of contemporary traditional design. I mean the elements of traditional chinese designs are still present even if the structure is very contemporary. I find it a good fusion.

China Pavilion
More of the Expo Grounds




Taiwan Pavilion
 Taiwan's Pavilion was fully-booked until the end of the Expo. From the outside you could see this "floating" globe that is an actual spherical screen it's so cool since it zooms in and out. Just imagine google earth on a spherical screen.

Taiwan Pavilion

Philippines Pavilion
I have to admit i was excited to enter our pavilion, okay it was more of "shoot i hope its something decent" the queue wasn't that bad, as soon as I entered I heard clubbing music, and we just missed the dance presentation, the crowd i think was 90% korean, which didn't really surprise me. It was a busy crowd and unlike most pavilion, ours was more of the merchandising, I guess we aren't really that technologically advanced like most countries so we just showcased our products.  And the main highlight of our Pavilion was the "Hilot" of course it was for free! Overall the Pavilion was alright, it passed. Maybe next time we should focus more on showcasing our natural resources, culture and tradition, the various lifestyles we live here in the Philippines, you know just so we can show the world how "rich" our country really is. Just thinking.

Philippines Pavilion
The following pavilions, I was not able to go in, just took a picture of the outside. The queues for these pavilions were ridiculously long although I am sure the wait was worth it, i still wouldn't wait since my time was restricted.

Portugal Pavilion
Portugal Pavilion





Latvia Pavilion
Latvia Pavilion

Estonia Pavilion
Estonia Pavilion
Serbia Pavilion
Serbia Pavilion

Spain Pavilion
Spain Pavilion


Germany Pavilion
Amazing architectural design from Germany, and to think this structure is temporary.
Germany Pavilion

France Pavilion
Why are the French so... classic? We all should learn from the french, I still have to see something french-made/inspired that is not elegant. I could be wrong.
France Pavilion



Romania Pavilion
Romania Pavilion


Sweden Pavilion
Sweden Pavilion

No comments:

Post a Comment